Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Let’s face it — mold is everywhere. Because mold spores exist naturally anywhere, it’s important to understand just how mold operates.
Since microscopic mold spores will always be present to some extent in your home and office, removing all of the mold isn't practical. The professionals here at SERVPRO Dartmouth/New Bedford South are however able to provide the expertise to remediate any mold issues whether it's in a residential or commercial setting.
Mold needs 4 things to grow:
Since mold spores are microscopic, they float along the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, HVAC systems, clothing, and even on your pet! It's important to note too that spores grow into colonies when exposed to water and will produce a strong, musty order that’s hard to ignore.
Before the mold remediation process can begin, we first need to address any moisture and/or sources of water. If not properly addressed, mold will continue to grow. After that's completed, we can address the mold damage, containing it, filtering the air, removing affected materials, and finally treat and encapsulate as needed. So remember, if you suspect you have a mold problem in your home or office, the professionals at SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford South are here to make it "Like it never even happened."
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (508) 999-2380
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Dartmouth / New Bedford?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (508) 999-2380
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Dartmouth / New Bedford is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the New Bedford community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: