Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Let’s face it — mold is everywhere. Because mold spores exist naturally anywhere, it’s important to understand just how mold operates.
Since microscopic mold spores will always be present to some extent in your home and office, removing all of the mold isn't practical. The professionals here at SERVPRO Dartmouth/New Bedford South are however able to provide the expertise to remediate any mold issues whether it's in a residential or commercial setting.
Mold needs 4 things to grow:
Since mold spores are microscopic, they float along the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, HVAC systems, clothing, and even on your pet! It's important to note too that spores grow into colonies when exposed to water and will produce a strong, musty order that’s hard to ignore.
Before the mold remediation process can begin, we first need to address any moisture and/or sources of water. If not properly addressed, mold will continue to grow. After that's completed, we can address the mold damage, containing it, filtering the air, removing affected materials, and finally treat and encapsulate as needed. So remember, if you suspect you have a mold problem in your home or office, the professionals at SERVPRO of Dartmouth/New Bedford South are here to make it "Like it never even happened."
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (508) 999-2380
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Dartmouth / New Bedford?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (508) 999-2380
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Dartmouth / New Bedford is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the New Bedford community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 2140 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: