Outdoor Fire Safety Tips
Are you keeping an eye out this summer on potential fires hazards? We're not just talking about the heat and humidity! Stay aware this summer with these fire safety tips that could make the difference between a summer blast, or a summer bust:
* Unless you're a pyrotechnical professional, leave the fireworks alone. Aside from being illegal in MA, they are extremely dangerous if not handled with great care. Be safe, if you want to see fireworks, go see a local show.
* Speaking of fireworks show -- keep a close eye on children at these public events.
* When it comes to grilling, propane and charcoal BBQ grills should be used outdoors only.
* Keep children and pets at least three feet from the grill area.
* Keep your grill clean by removing grease buildup.
* Never leave your grill unattended.
* Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it.
* Know to properly dispose of ashes from fire pits and grills in a metal can. Make sure the coals are not still burning!
For any questions on additional fire safety: call our office or your local fire department!