Are you ready for SNOW?
Are you prepared for SNOW?
Snow storms are nothing new to us living in New England and not every storm will be as enormous as the Blizzard of ’78 but being prepared is key.
A little preparation can go a long way so you don’t have added last minute stress when the news arrives that a storm is on the way.
- Stock up on de-icing salt & sand and put a little bit down on walkways & sidewalks before it begin to snow. Store this inside as it will harden & freeze.
- Prepare your snowblower and be sure it starts and that you have extra gas if necessary.
- Gutters should be checked in the Fall but if you didn’t do it then, be sure to have someone check them.
- Store water in buckets or bathtubs in case there is no running water.
- Have your shovel readily available and spray with non-stick cooking spray to make shoveling easier.
- Check that flashlights have working batteries and have a backup supply.
- Be sure to have an emergency kit with medical supplies and fill any prescriptions for medications you need on a regular basis.
- Make sure home heating sources are working and consider a backup source such as a fireplace or woodstove.
- Fully charge cell phones in case of emergency.
- Don’t forget your little fur babies and bring them indoors where it’s warm and safe.