Watch Out for Candles! - New Bedford 02746
Who doesn’t love candles? There’s nothing quite like lighting an ocean breeze scented candle after a day of cleaning in the middle of spring. Or maybe even an apple cinnamon smell during the holidays. Whatever your nose prefers, there’s a scent for everyone’s taste.
However pleasing that smell may be, candles can play an extremely dangerous role in the event of a fire. Here are some tips to make sure you’re never the victim of a candle fire.
- Never leave burning candles unattended or sleep in a room with a lit candle
- Keep candles out of reach of children
- Make sure candles are on stable surfaces
- Don't burn candles near trees, curtains, or any other flammable items
- Don't burn trees, wreaths, or wrapping paper in the fireplace
- Check and clean the chimney and fireplace area at least once a year
We here at SERVPRO of Dartmouth / New Bedford understand that mistakes happen — if you ever find yourself or your home or office burned by the result of candles, give us a call. We can assure there is no job too big or too small when it comes to serving our community.